Added in Movies
Downloaded 10 times.
Cast: Sophia Loren, Marilyn Monroe, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Fidel Castro, Giorgio Bassani, Giuseppe Bertolucci, Charles De Gaulle, Yuri Gagarin, Giovanni Guareschi, Renato Guttuso and others
An attempt to reconstruct the complete version of Pier Paolo Pasolini's segment of La rabbia (1963).
Available in versions: DVDRip
Salò - Pasolini - BFI 2008 (Size: 14.73 GB)
Pier Paolo Pasolini
Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma
Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom
1975 (2008 BFI DVD Re-Issue)
The worlds most controversial film comes to DVD and Blu-ray in 2-disc editions. Presented fully
uncut and in its most complete version, the film has been re-mastered from the original Italian restoration negatives.
Pier Paolo Pasolinis final and most shocking film has been banned, censored and reviled the world over since its first release in 1975. Sal did not receive UK certification until late 2000, when it was passed uncut. The BFI then released it on DVD in 2001 and, despite having been out of print for almost three years, the title still ranks amongst BFIs all-time
top 10 best-selling DVDs.
The films content and imagery is extreme and it retains the power to shock, repel and distress even today. A brutal allegory based on the novel 120 Days of Sodom by the Marquis de Sade, the film is a cinematic milestone - culturally significant, politically vital and visually stunning.
Disc one - Salò
* Complete and uncut, re-mastered from original Italian restoration negatives
* Original Italian language version (with optional English subtitles)
* Original English language version (with optional subtitles for the hearing-impaired)
* Original Italian trailer (with optional English subtitles)
* Coil - Ostia (the Death of Pasolini) The original 1986 track from Coil's celebrated
second album, Horse Rotorvator, with a newly created video accompaniment, shot
especially for this release by Peter Christopherson
* Open Your Eyes! (2008, 21 mins)
Newly created on-set documentary using full colour footage shot in 1974 by
acclaimed film journalist and Pasolini expert Gideon Bachmann.
* Walking with Pasolini (Roberto Purvis, 2008, 21 mins)
New documentary exploring the meaning and impact of Pasolini's film, with Neil
Bartlett, David Forgacs, Noam Chomsky and Craig Lapper (Chief Examiner, BBFC).
* Whoever Says the Truth Shall Die (1981, 58 mins) Philo Bregstein's classic
documentary on the life and death of Pier Paolo Pasolini.
* Fade to Black (Nigel Algar, 2001, 24 mins)
Documentary with Mark Kermode exploring the ongoing relevance and power of
Pasolini's controversial masterpiece, with Bernardo Bertolucci and other leading
* Ostia (Julian Cole, 1991, 25 mins, with optional director commentary track) Cole's
rarely seen short film about the last days of Pasolini, starring Derek Jarman.
To share this torrent use the code below and insert it into comments, status messages, forum posts or your signature.Torrent: Salò - Pasolini - BFI 2008