2823 views 165 comments posted:
We feel that there is a disturbance in the force. Despite the fact we work according to DMCA and even encourage our users to buy software and media and support their favorite artists and developers, many people still aim to block access to kat.ph in their country or region. Recently it was Italy and who knows who might be next, so we prepared a small "How to Access Kat.ph 101" for you.
First of all from now on you can access KAT here thanks to our friends from Pirate Party! Second solution is switching to OpenDNS and is described below.
OpenDNS is a free DNS resolution service that will allow you to access KAT from basically any country despite its limitations. To start using it you need to complete few simple steps:
1. First you need to go over to their official website (don't worry its 100% mallware and virus free).
2. Pick the For Home option on the right.
3. Select the Premium DNS option on the left.
4. If you are familiar with setting up networks you will see the OpenDNS IP's on the right. Replace your current DNS server settings with them and start using OpenDNS. If not click the Get Started button right under these codes.
5. After filling all the mandatory info and establishing and activating an account, you will be transferred to a page where you will be able to pick where do you want to enter the OpenDNS settings (computer, router or server).
6. Since most users will pick either computer or router we will focus only on these choices. After you pick one of them you will be redirected to a page where you will select either your OS or the type of your router.
7. On the next page you will find a really simple instruction with screens for either your OS or router. If you encounter any problems you can always check out their instructional video or contact the guys from OpenDNS support.
8. Enjoy KAT!
Share this blog entry
To share this blog post use the code below and insert it into comments, status messages, forum posts or your signature.Blog: KAT Access Alternatives