Utorrent Webui (Size: 42.37 KB)
Setting up the WebUI
Make sure that you're using the current beta, which should 1.5.1 build 460 (latest as of
writing). If you do not have this build you can always get it from uTorrent's download
Place the webui.zip file in the folder which contains the settings.dat file; this is a must.
Most likely this will be your %AppData%\uTorrent folder (default location).
(Type %AppData%\uTorrent into the run box and hit enter).
DO NOT EXTRACT the zip, uTorrent uses the zip file itself.
The settings for the WebUI are nested under "General" in the Preferences (Ctrl + P).
If you expand the "General" section you should see "Web UI;" just click on it and the
settings for the WebUI will automagically appear. Obviously you'll have to enable
the WebUI and then you can set a username and password to secure the WebUI a bit.
If you'd like you can also enable the guest account, but this is not recommended at
this point, because the html UI isn't really made for a guest account. There is no
password for the guest account (duh!?). If you'd prefer the WebUI to be accessed on
a different port than uTorrent is using you can set that under "Connectivity." In addition
to changing the port, you can also restrict access to a list of IPs.
Accessing the WebUI
The URL format is this:
Make sure you follow that exact format or it won't work. Remember that you cannot use
username:password in the URL when using Internet Explorer.
uTorrent WebUI Team
- [Opera] Right-clicking and key shortcuts are not working correctly; these are Opera bugs
and a bug reprt has been filed.
- [Safari/Konqueror] The text in the torrent list seems to display off-centre.
Delete: Removes selected torrent(s)
Ctrl + A: Select all torrents
Ctrl + Space: Deselect all torrents
Ctrl + O: Show the form for adding a torrent
Ctrl + P: Show the settings window
F2: Show the about window
F4: Hide/show the toolbar
F7: Hide/show the category list
- At the moment there is no tertiary sorting being done, so if you secondary sort a column
that has like values the items will randomly switch at each update
- If you have allot of items on your list it will use allot of CPU power (obviously trying
to reduce it).
***14/04/2006 - Version 0.103
- Fix: Active/inactive torrents show up when appropriate label is clicked
- Fix: Files tab/other actions do not "freeze" the interface anymore
- Fix: [All] Resizing now works properly
- Fix: [IE] Scrollbars are now shown properly
- Fix: [Opera] Torrents are now selectable
- Change: Column resizing is temporarily disabled
- Change: Code clean-up, more object-oriented code is now used
- Change: Fonts now used are: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, and sans-serif
- Feature: Requests will time out after 10 seconds
- Feature: Download progress bar
- Feature: Secondary sorting
- Feature: Set update interval
- Feature: Sorting indexes and update interval are [now] saved in cookies