Mastering Revit Structure 2009 (Size: 30.21 MB)
Structure Your Designs the BIM Way
Whether you're a structural engineer, designer, or draftsperson making the move to BIM, you'll dramatically increase productivity and become a Revit Structure expert with the techniques, workflows, and previously undocumented tips and tricks in this thorough reference and tutorial.
The expert authors combine their years of Revit and engineering experience to offer you a solid foundation in Revit Structure concepts, before moving to the structural modeling of such elements as walls, frames, and slabs. You'll learn advanced family creation, standards development, and model documentation and presentation—as well as such crucial topics as annotation, dimensioning, exporting data, 3D visualization, templates, publishing, collaboration, and more. With detailed tutorials and real-world solutions you can implement right away, this is the perfect resource for anyone who wants to master Revit Structure 2009.
* Understanding how parametric modeling frees you to focus on your designs
* Exploring the broad array of tools in Revit Structure's user interface
* Viewing and referencing plan, section, elevation, and model views—simultaneously—while you design
* Applying scheduling, annotation, and dimensioning info as you go, for speedier workflows
* Creating and presenting 3D visualizations that bring your designs to life
* Using analytical models to test and simulate, then refine your designs
* Adding custom content and building your own component libraries
* Increase Your Productivity, Speed, and Accuracy with Revit Structure
* Create Dynamic Structural Models Using Best Practices
* Design, Draw, Detail, and Draft in a Virtual World
* Compare Your Designs to Those of Revit Professionals on the Companion Website
* View Striking Revit Structure Examples in the Full-Color Inser